Here is a look at the meteogram for Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
The above chart shows temperatures forecast from various computer models and each model's various runs. Use the legend at the right of the image and match the colors of the individual line to see which model is showing what temperature. The green line is the forecast from the National Weather Service.
Generally speaking, temperatures will be up Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Monday will be cooler as a cold front passes through the area late Sunday/early Monday. Next Saturday will be cooler as a cold front passes the area. It will still be warm (current forecast: 63°), but it will be cooler than Friday.
High temperatures will be in the 60°'s by Thursday and there is a chance we could get to 70° Friday.
I thought it might be interesting to look over meteorological winter (December-February) and see where we are at.
Number of days (December 1 - February 11) above average:
- Cape Girardeau, Mo: 21 days (29% of winter)
- Carbondale, Il: 24 days (32% of winter)
- Paducah, Ky: 22 days (30% of winter)
- Poplar Bluff, Mo: 24 days (32% of winter)
- Cape Girardeau, Mo: 4° below average per day
- Carbondale, Il: 3.6° below average per day
- Paducah, Ky: 4.2° below average per day
- Poplar Bluff, Mo: 2.9° below average per day
Post a Comment