You might be amazed at everything it takes to put on a large air show. This year's show is even bigger than usual because the US Navy Blue Angels will be performing. The Blue Angels alone have 60 personell that will be on site.
We are also hoping to get over 13,000 people for both days of the air show. That is a lot of people to move, feed, and a lot of cars to park.
As I said at the beginning of this post, we are in need of volunteers to help! Here are some of the areas that we could use help:
- Airfield Layout - Assist with set up of "static" aircraft displays, concessions, crowd fencing, VIP tents, etc.
- Parking - Assist with setting up VIP, volunteer, and performer parking
- Accommodations - Pick-up and delivery of courtesy cars for air show performers
- Security - Securing military aircraft during and after hours of the air show
- Food - Preparation and distribution of food in VIP, performers', volunteers', and veterans', tents
- Tickets - Assist with ticket sales at main gate entrance
There is an all volunteer meeting this evening at 5:30pm in Sandy's Place in the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport terminal. If you can't make that meeting, the next upcoming meeting will be June 9 at 5:30pm.
If you would be interested in volunteering please call the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport at (573) 334-6230. You can also email me at email@example.com or send me a message through Facebook.